Monday, June 23, 2008

Where to begin....UPDATE>>

There is so much going on I don't know where to start today. I have been catching up on my reading all morning so maybe it is just me and no more is going on that usual....

I will start with voting for the most qualified candidate....I see that person to be John McCain. He has served this country in many ways and I can't ...well I just can't see how Obama has ever done anything for this country.....The buzz has been about democrats voting for McCain....well now it is turning to republicans voting for Obama....Who you ask....dare I say....black republicans....yes that is what I have been hearing and reading....Recently a radio talk show host.. Armstrong William..a republican said he was considering voting for Obama....Does he like Obama's policies or what he advocates? No...So I guess we can say he is voting skin color?...is it racist?...Why would a republican vote for the least qualified candidate?...Then you have Colin Powell who said he will not necessarily vote for the Republican. Is this going to be the trend? Who knows but it is starting to look that way to me.....We all know Obama won certain states with a high number of AA voters....90+% of the AA vote went to Obama and we are not supposed to consider that as raciest....but if you are white and are voting for McCain you are called raciest....Why is that?....I agree with Tara Wall...she is quoted as saying..."You can’t be black in America and not be proud of Barack Obama,"....."But as black conservatives, let’s not throw everything we believe in out the window because he’s a black candidate."....I do understand why he is getting the AA vote but what has he done to earn that vote? Someone needs to tell me because I can't find it?...Has he given a lot of money to black causes? What has he done?... I don't know, I can't find it....In his fathers day speech he spoke about the black fathers absence and he is not the first black man to do so but what Obama was doing in that speech was reaching out to white voters not black voters.... Did it work?....All the press praised him for his words...I wonder how the AA community felt?....How do they feel about Obama using them to reach out to white voters?.......Why did he put down black men to gain white favor? Just being a politician?....What if McCain did that?....How would you feel?....Speaking for myself....it would bother me....I would really like to know how the black community feels about Obama and his speech....If you know of a site or a person who wrote about this let me know in the comments please...We are all American's and the color of a person's skin should not be an issue in this election...it should not be an issue in America.....We are voting for a president...a person who will be making very important decisions that will effect not only our lives but future generations....I will be voting for the person I feel is most qualified...McCain....

Here is a piece from LATimes to read about Obama and the black vote....Obama campaign targets black voters -- carefully...Strategists believe they've identified a new and potentially decisive Democratic electorate in at least five battleground states. The trick lies in wooing them without alienating whites.


Moving on....McCain/Obama and the Jewish vote...Are the democrats using Joe just to keep a Democratic majority in the Senate?....looks like it to me...but I don't trust the dem party much anymore after what they did giving Obama Clinton's delegates. That was just unacceptable....I am proud of Joe for standing his ground... I have read a couple pieces today about the Jewish vote...

The Democrats' Lieberman Problem

from that piece...

Still, every time the former vice presidential nominee praises John McCain and criticizes Barack Obama, steam rises from his colleagues. "I'm not going to pull my punches or hold back," says Lieberman. "To me I'm doing just what they do, maybe something less than some of them are doing because I think they've attacked John [McCain] in ways that I don't appreciate. I'm just doing what they're doing for their candidate, it happens that I'm supporting a Republican."

As long as Democrats need him to hold on to power, Lieberman realizes that comments like these make him untouchable. "Without him we would not be in the majority," says Dick Durbin, the second highest-ranking Democrat in the Senate. "He votes with us on virtually every issue except for the war and, of course, his support for Senator McCain. There is disappointment, for sure, and many people have expressed concern about his role, but he's going to have to make that decision."more.


The other one..... Jewish Lawmakers Hit the Hustings for Obama....Does Obama have a Jewish problem?....I Goggled it and some have been talking about it for a few months now.....If he doesn't, why is his campaign working so hard on that group of voters?.... I think some of Obama friends and some of the positions he has spoke on in the past have hurt him in this group of voters..

Here is a list of things you might find of interest...

Obama and the Jewish vote

Swimming in a sea of red

Divided Democrats? Think again

Poll: McCain, Obama off on right foot, but not on equal footing

more later....

UPDATE:

Here is a good read at Hillary Supporters for McCain...Obama: Racist In Word And Deed..

Have you seen this site yet?.... McCain Now ...

Commentary: Can Obama's money buy him love?
Is Obama trying to buy the election? He threatens to outspend McCain by six -- perhaps eight --- to one. Now, rather than engage in a "Great Debate" about America's future, Obama is trying to win through tactics....

UPDATE!!!

R.I. lawmaker switches party to lead ’Democrats for McCain’ group

The link above goes to an AP story put out today...found it here...

June 17, 2008..A three-time party switch to support McCain