Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Been a busy day in the news......

I have been thinking about turning off the phone so I won't be interrupted half way through reading a piece....I am sure you all have been reading about John McCain and what he said about energy security. If you want the story about what he said without the spin you can get what he actually said at McCain's web site here. Then there is President Bush calling on congress to lift the ban on drilling for oil in US coastal waters. This will be spun so much it is going to make us dizzy. I don't know about you all but I am tired of having to read five or six pieces on the same subject just to get a balanced point of view. Is there no one in the media who just tells it like it is with out blaming a democrat or a republican....I know freedom of speech...everyone can express their opinion....even me...Goggle is my best friend these days...

Now that being said, I have heard someone is trying to stop Rush Limbaugh from being on the air?...ooops!...Did we lose our freedom of speech and no one told me? I am no Rush fan but how can this be happening in America.... It is called "The Fairness Doctrine" It is not just Rush they are going after, it is all talk radio from what I have heard...What are they afraid of? That the truth might be told? I am just learning about this so I don't have a lot of information on it....I do believe from what I have read that it was Mark Fowler who worked on President Reagen's campaign staff who started working on having it repealed in 1985 and it was not until 1987 that the FCC abolished the doctrine. He said then that the doctrine hurt the public interest and violated the first amendment....The Fairness Doctrine is
an attempt to ensure that all coverage of controversial issues by a broadcast station be balanced and fair. The FCC took the view, in 1949, that station licensees were "public trustees," and as such had an obligation to afford reasonable opportunity for discussion of contrasting points of view on controversial issues of public importance. The Commission later held that stations were also obligated to actively seek out issues of importance to their community and air programming that addressed those issues. With the deregulation sweep of the Reagan Administration during the 1980s, the Commission dissolved the fairness doctrine.

This doctrine grew out of concern that because of the large number of applications for radio station being submitted and the limited number of frequencies available, broadcasters should make sure they did not use their stations simply as advocates with a singular perspective. Rather, they must allow all points of view. That requirement was to be enforced by FCC mandate.more

Now, who is trying to stop the people on the radio? Dennis Kucinich started working on it back in 2007. Is it because the democrats aren't as successful on talk radio ? That is what it looks like to me. Hey, if there aren't any dems out there who have what it takes don't take it out on the successful republicans who do. Or is there more to it?... It is still a free country ....isn't it?... Here is a old Youtube of Dennis Kucinich Discusses Fairness Doctrine on Lou Dobbs....and here is Feinstein on the subject.. "Fairness Doctrine" -- Feinstein Outlawing Talk Radio ...Did you know Senator Clinton was for this "Fairness Doctrine"? I didn't...according to whom ever this radio show person is talking to Mitt Romney she is.... Gov. Romney On The Fairness Doctrine...Here is one you should really listen to....Rep. Mike Pence on the Fairness Doctrine...When did the democratic party become the party that takes away our freedom of speech? We know now what they think of voters rights. (MI.& FL.) It also makes me wonder why no democrats want to drill for oil. What kind of control over the people are they seeking? Hey, I was a registered democrat for 32 years until recently, this is not the party it used to be or if it is why didn't I see what I am seeing now?

Sorry no list today...you probably have read it all by now anyway....